As a medium of creative expression, film has never been so prevalent outside cinema buildings as now: on TV, computer, tablet and smartphone screen; on building façades as a space for mapping or the dome of a planetarium; in shops, offices and as an element of museum exhibitions. Evolving, it has given rise to a number of new audio-visual forms that broaden the unstable boundaries of film work: interactive documentaries, audio-visual essays or hallucinatory worlds of virtual reality.
By launching the i-Film project, we are creating in Łódź a place that will be inextricably linked with what contemporary cinema is and what it is becoming; a research space for various formats of “non-film”: network, gallery and applied projects created today and in the past, whose status and value is not always based on the criteria of artistic significance or commercial attractiveness. “i-Film” will be a platform for sharing knowledge and experience between researchers, creators and institutions dealing with phenomena related to film, in particular interactive film, cinematic VR, audio-visual essay and film as an exhibition tool in gallery and museum spaces.
What do we do?
- interactive films, including web-docs;
- audio-visual essays;
- cinematic VR;
- film as an exhibition tool
What are our aims?
- networking activities, both national and international;
- research/academic activities (Research Lab, panel discussions, conferences);
- educational activities (“Video essay creation/VR for schools”, workshops)
- archival activities (multimedia pods, VR café);
- popularising activities (promotional meetings, festivals, Internet platform);
- business activity
What do we want to offer?
- discussions, meetings, exchange of ideas and experiences;
- the possibility to redirect undergraduate and postgraduate students to projects created by i-Film in order to develop their theoretical and practical skills;
- research co-operation
- promotion of their work during author’s meetings and via everyday access in multimedia pods;
- the possibility to share experience during workshops, to obtain collaborators and create an audience;
- production support: access to computers, editing software and databases
- promotion of products, services and ideas during sector meetings and everyday activities
- pitching sessions (as a target: via an Internet platform)
- contact databases
For amateurs and enthusiasts:
- the most interesting works in the genre;
- panels, workshops, residential programmes
- touring educational and promotional programmes that make it possible to familiarise oneself with various forms of digital culture